- Guests must be 25 years of age or over to make a reservation.
- All reservations must include the correct number of guests staying (including all children under and over the age of 2).
- All reservations require a current and valid credit card (a debit card is not acceptable) and the guest’s full name, contact telephone number and email address.
- Commodore Motel reserves the right to pre-authorise or take part or full payment from the card provided at any time. If a credit card is declined during either of these processes the reservation will be cancelled.
- Commodore Motel reserves the right to decline or cancel any reservation at any stage.
- Commodore Motel has a no pet policy.
- Reservation confirmations will be issued by email, if an email confirmation is not received it is the guest’s responsibility to request that the confirmation email be resent.
- Reservations made via a third-party site (Expedia, Booking.com etc.) are subject to the terms and conditions listed on that site. Changes and cancellations to reservations that are made via such third-party sites must be made via that same third-party site.
- We always recommend travel insurance to cover unexpected circumstances.
- Cancellation of booking made directly with us, must be made 24 hours before arrival on your first day of stay. If booking is cancelled within 24 hours of first day of stay, 1 night’s room charge will be taken from credit card and invoiced.
- The cancellation period may change based on event or time of the year.
- Cancellations made via a third-party site (Expedia, Booking.com etc.) are subject to the terms and conditions listed on that site. We cannot cancel these bookings or make changes.
- All room payment must be paid on check in, unless otherwise arranged. Commodore Motel accepts eftpos and the following major credit cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa. (cheques / travellers’ cheques are not accepted).
- All rates are quoted in New Zealand Dollars on a per night basis and include GST of 15%.
- If a current and valid credit card is not available at the time of check-in (a debit card is not acceptable) then we are sorry but you cannot stay.
- If you are arriving after office hours without prior notification, Commodore Motel reserves the right to charge your credit card for the full amount of the room charges before the late night arrival process can be finalised.
- If a credit card is declined or invalid the reservation will be cancelled.
We welcome families. All guests including infants and children are charged $20 if over the room booking number. They must be included in the number of people staying. Children and infants are charged the same as an adult.
Check and Check Out
Check-in is available from 2pm -6.30pm on the day of arrival. Check-out time is 10am on the day of departure. Early check-in and/or late check-out is by arrangement directly with the guest and subject to availability. Secure baggage storage is available both before checking in and after checking out.
Smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms. Guests are welcome to smoke outside away from door ways and open windows. If smoking occurs within the rooms, motel management reserves the right to charge specialist cleaning costs.
Visitors are welcome but are not permitted on the premises after 10pm. We ask you to respect your fellow guests and noise must be kept to a minimum past this time. Parties and noisy gatherings are not permitted at the Commodore Motel Dunedin. Motel management reserves the right to terminate the stay of any guest that does not comply to this rule.
Concerns or Complaints
If you have any concerns about your accommodation, please contact reception at the earliest point possible during your stay to register your concern. We want you to enjoy your stay and experience with us as much as possible and will try and rectify the concern as soon as possible, if we can, within reason. Booking Direct with us makes it easier to make changes than booking through a third party booking site.